Translate

Friday 29 November 2013

Sleepless Nights

Today is one of those days I am sleepless. I try to sleep but these thoughts just don't let me rest. My thoughts wander from my goals to marriage to past memories. I try turning towards the left and then right, yet no avail. I have this superstition that if I turn to the right, I will dream about my future goals and if I turn towards my left, I will dream about my future wife (Or atleast a date with a girl who doesn't annoy me). Today, I am confused of which side to turn to, so I just stare at the ceiling and wonder about my past memories.

I always had a choice to make just like the choice now to decide which side to turn to, to sleep. I wonder if it's only me provided with choices or is that every one gets a chance to choose their choices,  or is it just a chance people wish to take without a choice.

The choice to choose between the girl my parents want me to marry, or the girl I like. Or a goal I wish to pursue or still continue to work. Its always been tough for me to choose. Yet, people still need choices. Should I still listen to my dad to take decisions or am I old enough to make my own? Should I mingle more with my colleagues or still hang out with my college friends? Should I order a coffee or tea?

Well, my inner voice says- "Choose a choice and make sure it doesn't go wrong. What if it really goes wrong? Then again, there are two perspectives. If I chose what my dad said about it, then if I fail, I will blame him and feel sad about it. Rather, if I choose what I feel, even if I fail, I will blame myself but won't feel sad about it and ensure that I rectify the mistake. This can be other way too, dad's perspective might be better than my perspective. It's all about making a choice and moving on instead of wondering and delaying our action. What is suppose to happen will happen, making it happen the way you want is your choice.

And finally, Always have a choice before you decide about anything. It just gives a new dimension to your thinking. I am turning towards the left and sleeping now. My next article will be about the ideal girl I date in my dream.

Till then, Good night. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment